Beginner’s Boxing Equipment Guide – Part 1
Are you looking to join a boxing gym? Or you have just joined a boxing gym and don’t know what equipment you need to start your boxing journey? This article will help you pick up the boxing equipment you need to immediately start your training.
Regardless of the fact that you are a beginner, amateur or a professional boxer, it is important for you to use a good quality boxing equipment to keep yourself safe and comfortable. It is also worth mentioning that if you have not been active recently or have some injuries to recover from or in general if you have any medical problem. It is highly recommended that you consult your Doctor before participating in any demanding activity, especially boxing.
Boxing Hand Wraps
Using boxing hand wraps is very important to protect the tendons and bones in your hand. They also provide a good support to your wrist and the thumb which is a key to prevent any serious injury. We advise you to get a demonstration from your instructor on how to wrap your hands properly before your workout. Below are few key points which you want to consider when wrapping your hands
1) Always allow the free movement of your fingers. This can be done by wrapping your fingers separately.
2) Do not wrap your hands too tightly.
3) Make sure that the padding on and around the knuckles is smooth and comfortable
มวยออนไลน์ is one of the key assets for any boxer. There so many different type of boxing gloves in the market and It is important for every boxer to consider the following few points when buying the boxing gloves.
1) Know the usage of your boxing gloves. If you are professional boxer then go for high quality cowhide leather boxing gloves (they can be slightly expensive) but however if you are a beginner and gonna punch just couple of times in a week then go for a low price boxing gloves.
2) Know the type of boxing gloves you want to get. There are different types of gloves out in the market i.e. Sparring gloves, Training Gloves, Kick Boxing Gloves etc. Your instructor should be able to guide you on that.
3) Know the Size of the gloves you want to get. This and all of the above mentioned points have been explained in detail in my last week’s article “What to Look for When You “. Just read through these points and make sure that you make a right choice.
Boxing Headgear is important to keep you safe from the cuts and cruises on your head and potentially some part of your face (i.e. cheeks and chin). Below are few point you want to consider when buying any headgear.
1) Type of the headgear. Generally there are two types of the headgear a. Full Face Headgear (recommended for beginners and amateur as it provides an extra protection for cheeks and chin) b. Open Face Headgear (recommended for advance boxers).
2) Size of the headgear. It is important that you get a headgear which fits you really well. Most of the boxing equipment stores sell headgear sizes ranging from S to XL. The best way to know which size you want is by knowing your cap size and finding an equivalent size in the conversion chart given by most of the online boxing stores.
3) Material of the Boxing Headgear. Now a days manufacturers use a variety of different materials to make the boxing headgears e.g. Cowhide Leather with high density foam, Plastic coated dip foam head gears etc. It is generally recommended to go for a headgear which has a good quality foam protection and a comfortable inner lining breathable material.